Pages

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Redemption

I still remember the day when you walked into my life. No, that would be a lie. There was no mystical spark, the sky didn’t erupt with firecrackers, birds did not chirp as if they had got wind of something and the angels didn’t weep in delight. You didn’t walk with a knowing air, and I didn’t look at you with inexplicable curiosity. You weren’t the last piece in my almost complete jig jaw puzzle. You were, the first.

Somehow, you came and became a part of my life. I don’t remember how or when and have never broached to ask “why”, but there you were, an indomitable presence. What was your purpose ? To change my life so much that I couldn’t claim ownership of it anymore ?You stood like a rock, and I wasn’t afraid that I would be crushed by it. Instead I reveled in the shade. I came many times in search of rejuvenation, which you gladly gave. Yet you never seemed to get drained. Often I tried to reach into your depths, to see if there was anything beneath that hard exterior. I couldn’t so much as create a crack. What was it you saw in me, when you entered my life quietly. What was it that you saw in me, when you left just as unannounced.

The day you left, I noticed a crack. A crack that I had solely created. A void that I couldn’t fill. You didn’t demand an explanation. I couldn’t have hoped to give you one.I remember the day you left vividly. The earth trembled, and the angels wept. Yet you left without waiting for an apology, without asking for one. I’ve found pieces of my jig-jaw puzzle since then. You started my quest to complete the puzzle. I’m waiting for you to come back and finish it. All I ask is for a chance for redemption.

PS : CREATIVE

No comments: